Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thrilling work

No animal talk today.  I wanted to sit and stare and my donkeys  but I had to do something that has been gnawing away at me for a while now.  Our windows need to be scraped, painted and old glazing removed.  I began this job last Fall but got bored with it, therefore, many of our windows didn't have the storm windows in them this winter.  I found a way to get myself back on track - hire a friend to help me.  Deloris shows up at 8 AM and gets right to work.  I force myself to scrape and caulk so windows are ready for her to prime and paint.  Tomorrow I need to go to Lowes and get some new panes to replace some cracked ones.

Even though we don't talk much while we work it's still more fun than doing it alone.  Why is that?  We have a long way to go but already I feel pretty good about our progress.  After tomorrow we'll have completed 3 windows, washed and all.   If you drive by, wave at me.  I might be able to see you through the windows now. 

I wonder when we'll ever finish this house.  I need to keep some things unfinished though, that way James will keep me around a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, that's why James keeps you around. . .
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete