Sunday, August 29, 2010

Coyote is still here

A young couple drove up our lane today to tell us they saw a very large coyote behind our garage.  That's what the last guy told us, that it was very big for a coyote.   They saw it in the same place.  The ducks are locked up for the night earlier than usual but I can't tuck the chickens in until they find their way back to the garage.  I'm tempted to sit out there tonight with a shotgun.  I wonder if it would know I'm there.  I wish he'd go to someone else's house and they'd shoot him.

Changing the subject - the goats are taking their turns going in heat and they're driving the boys crazy.  The bucks are very stinky right now and are acting like....well, bucks with girl's in heat.  It's not a pretty picture but it was entertaining for the folks that stopped her to tell us about the coyote.  They were fascinated by their noises and "displays of affection", to put it nicely. 

Speaking of affection, Chy has become very affectionate.  A little while ago when I went out there she actually ran to come see me.  We still have a long way to go but she loves to be scratched and wants my attention a lot more now than she used to.  Shiloh is a sweetheart.  Today I put a halter on him briefly.  He had no idea what was going on and looked so darned cute.  I should have taken a picture.  If only Chy would let me do that to her whenever I wanted.  I took hers off yesterday because it was irritating her face.  I'll try to put it on her again in a few days to see what she thinks but I'm not excited about trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment