Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fences are finished

Almost anyway.  I have a few repairs on the perimeter fencing but the two fences that contain the boys and girls most of the time are looking good and strong.  It was a lot of work but I'm happy with it now that it's done.  The boys have wooden posts with goat fencing and new gates and the girls have metal T posts with cattle panels.  I like the looks of the boy's fencing so far (because it isn't stretched yet) but the girl's fence is stronger.  I have yet to dig out some of the T posts inside the girl's paddock but that can be done when I have nothing else to do.  HA, when's that?
                                                                   Boy's fence
                                                              Girl's Fence

Hopefully all this fencing will be just as good for my new girl who arrives tomorrow.  My Jenny (who's name is now Clover but I'm still thinking about if I want to call her that or not) is being delivered tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait.  I'll keep her on the outside of the boys and girl's paddocks, in the larger pasture, so they can all meet through the fences.  I hope it goes well.  The first farm she lived on she had goats for pasture-mates so I'm hoping for a quick bond with both the goats and with me.  It's going to take some time, I'm sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment