Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quiche


Today I made a quiche from our own eggs, milk, tomato and onion. I can't wait to taste it. Now I need to learn to make my own swiss cheese. I had to make it in a square pan since all our pie plates ended up and the cabin somehow. I made a lemon merangue pie last week from our eggs and James took it to the cabin to share with some friends. I guess a square quiche will taste the same as a round one, huh?

I posted both the babies on Craigslist this week and someone has shown interest in Chaps and is planning to bring the whole family to meet him. They're going to love him. He climbs all over us and begs for attention. I hope all goes well and they both find good homes. It will be sad to see them go but I still have at least 5 more weeks with them. They're just starting to nibble solid foods and they're so full of energy.

Only 3 more weeks and I think Strawberry will have her babies and we get to start all over again.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking how much I love quiche, and you inspire me doubly! Thanks, Karen!! Your story about having to give up goat babies is emotionally gripping. Don't know how you do it. I just counted up this a.m. Dave and I and our families have had 26 cats, and we really mourn each loss, though with time we have trouble keeping them apart in our memories. I guess that is what helps you - here come more baby goats to love! Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete