Monday, November 8, 2010

Helicopter landing

One of our friends called me and asked, "are they setting up for a helicopter landing in your field?"  What?!   I looked out my window and saw 3 emergency vehicles in a triangle in the field.  James continued to work in the garden so I knew he hadn't seen them either.  Minutes earlier we heard lots of sirens but that's not all that unusual so we weren't watching as ambulances rushed down the road in front of our house. 

Sure enough, in a few minutes a helicopter landed in our field near the gate.  Two ambulances met it there and after a few more minutes it flew away.  Some of the firemen met us at the edge of our yard to tell us they had cut the chain on our gate to get in and that someone had been shot.  They seemed reluctant to tell us about the shooting and would offer no more information than that.  I don't know if it was a hunting accident or a violent act.  I'm sure we'll hear by tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment