Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Attitude adjustment

It's amazing what warmer weather can do to my attitude.  We got a load of free lumber on Sunday from the guy we got the boat from.  I'll be able to use much of it to build my turkey barn.  So now I have 2 projects waiting for me, fixing up the boat and building the barn.  Actually I have many more than that but those 2 are the fun ones.  Fun projects = a happier Karen.  I will keep you updated on the progress of our boat/cabin restoration and the barn.  The turkeys will arrive in a month but they'll be kept in the basement till they're big enough to put outdoors so it's not as big of a rush as I was first thinking.  James and I have some fencing to put up around our garden where the ducks will run around this summer and that might be higher on the list.  We'll see.  It's going to be fun seeing the ducks waddling in our yard.  Right now I'm feeling sorry for them all cramped up in their 16 X 10 foot dog kennel.  Today I was able to fill their boat with water again so they could swim.  Still no eggs from them unless they're hiding them. 

Even the animals seem happier now that the snow has melted.  They're much more active.  They're going to love helping build the turkey shelter.  I remember removing screws or nails from Witty's mouth when I built their barn.  He also liked untying my tool belt and stepping on and chewing all my tools.  I can't wait. 

17 days till Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You sound happy and busy. We are all waiting for spring.

    ReplyDelete