Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010

Almost every year around new years (probably every year) my husband and I sit in our hot tub and review the past year and all we did.  Then we wonder about what this new year will bring.  I love doing this and I always have high hopes for the new year.  I've never been let down.  One thing we rarely do is make new year's resolutions, not out loud anyway.  This year I'm going to make one. 

Sometimes it takes a tragedy in our lives to make us appreciate how fortunate we are, how loved, how lucky.  I think September 11 changed many American's lives.  So does losing a loved one or the pending death or an illness of a family member or yourself.  Our world can be turned upside down in an instant.  That's why my new year's resolution is to say "I love you" more often, to try to be more considerate and patient, to reflect more often on how much I have and to pray more.  That's it.  Those are easy things to do, a lot easier than losing 10 lbs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment