Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eggstra messy

We're getting lots of snow again today.  James shoveled paths to the goats before I milked this morning.  All bundled up in my nice clean coat I just washed, I headed to the barn and took care of business.  All was well.  I came inside, stood at the sink and filtered the milk.  My male dog, Lex, kept licking my leg.  At first I ignored him.  Then I yelled at him to stop it because my pants were getting wetter and I didn't want to get cold when I went back outside.  I thought he was getting carried away licking snow off me.  Later I took off my coat and saw that my pants weren't just wet but they were sticky.  The right side of my coat was sticky as well.  It didn't take long for me to realize what it was.  Sometimes when I'm gathering eggs I get preoccupied and find other things that need to be done.  Yesterday I put 2 eggs in my coat pocket.  I do it all the time.  Yup, smart move.  I'd like to say I learned my lesson but I know myself better than that.

4 comments:

  1. Mary Pannabecker SteinerFebruary 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM

    Snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :) :) I wonder if there is anyone with chickens that doesn't do this at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats happened to me. I call them "Pocket Omelets"

    ReplyDelete