Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween begger

We never get trick-or-treaters so it feels like any other night to us, that is, until tonight.  James and I were sitting in the living room watching a movie when our doorbell rang.  We looked at each other like, uh oh, we should have bought candy.  I went to the door and there stood a woman in street clothes, no costume.  I hate that some people think Halloween is a time when they can get candy without dressing up. 


I was about to tell her we didn't have any candy but before I could get the words out of my mouth she began telling me how her children hadn't eaten in 2 days and that she was hoping we could spare some food, anything at all.  I decided she was telling the truth so I went to our kitchen and got her some apples and a rabbit sandwich that was big enough to feed a family of 4.
We went back to watching our movie but I couldn't get this pitiful woman off my mind.

Today as I was thinking about what to blog about I realized there were some critters that live here that had never been dressed in a costume.  I would have put a mask and wig on it but I didn't have anything small enough to fit.  This is the best I could do.

I'm not the only one who tortures their animals by dressing them up.  Today I saw an animal costume that took way more time to make than any of mine.  Talk about too much time on your hands.  I don't think my donkeys would have stood still for this.

I was lying about not having any candy.  I bought a bag and we'll probably eat it all while we watch a movie tonight.  Happy Halloween, everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment