Monday, October 31, 2011

The results

I really thought Wilson or Lex would win "the best hippy" award.  I lost count but it was a pretty close tie between Lex, James and Foggy the rooster.  I think they each got at least 10 votes.  I hadn't thought taking James' picture growing green stuff in the green house would have anything to do with growing up in the 60's and 70's but some of you have minds that think that way, so, ok, that adds to the whole hippy persona.  I doubt you'll ever read in his blog about that kind of weed growing in his green house but  he has changed a lot since I met him so you never know.

Something very exciting happened to me in the past 2 days.  Chy, my oldest donkey, let me ride her.  Now we didn't go far but she did let me sit on her for 15 to 20 minutes two days in a row.  I really think she likes it, though I wonder why she keeps trying to bite me.  I'm sure they're love bites.  When I get off her she comes back for more. 
Today I was enjoying sitting on her back and reveling in how far she and I have come when Benny, an 8 month old goat kid, jumped up and put his front hooves on Chy's ass.  I'll give you one guess where I ended up....yup, on my ass and shoulder on the ground.  Chy came quickly to me with her ears back and it was clear she felt bad.  She nosed me and wouldn't back off till I got up.  I assured her it was ok.  I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.  Tonight I rode her again for a good while.  We proably took 10 steps in 15 minutes.  I guess we have to start somewhere.

I have high hopes for me and Chy.  Today we took 10 steps, tomorrow............maybe 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment