Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tour of Elk Cliff Farm

Today a friend from WV sent me some pictures of her 62 acre farm.  I told her I'd send her some pictures of mine (which is half the size of hers).  She doesn't have broadband and it takes a long time to upload pictures so I thought I'd post them in my blog and she could see them here. 
 House, wood shed, rabbit pen and garage
 Until one night ago one of our way-too-many-roosters thought he should sleep on the front porch railing.  He's still alive.  I think he just found another place to sleep.
 Patio with pizza oven and open fired grill.
Some of James' gardens.
This is the swimming hole just below the small cliff that our farm got it's name from.
This is the view of our orchard and field from our front porch.  I guess the rooster liked this view.
Wilson and his long ears.

Chy and Wilson aren't camera shy.

Girls resting in their barn.

Donkey's and goat's pasture.
View of the James River from the field campsite.
Velma and Roxie probably weigh 125 lbs now.  They sure eat a lot.
They fight over the food.

James River Rd. divides our property in two. You can see campers driving past because Yogi Bear Jellystone Campground is just one mile down the road from us. 
These guys were waiting for me when I came back from the river.  Keri, the one with the tail, is only 5 1/2 months old but she's so big she hardly looks like a puppy anymore.  She still acts like one though.

She doesn't give Lex a moment's rest but he likes her.  She's walking under him in this picture and biting his legs.  When he gets tired of her he comes in the house.

I guess that's about it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't wait to visit in a couple of days. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete