Monday, February 14, 2011

Paintings of my goats

I'm one of those lucky people who has a friend who is a great artist.  I think everyone should have an artist as a friend.  I'm fortunate to have several.

Today James got the mail and said, "you got something from Laura (Laura Orrison, the soon-to-be famous goat artist)".  I was pretty sure I knew what it was when I saw the size of the envelope.  Well, I was knocked off my socks.  It was even better than I thought it was going to be.  First I saw Clarice.  "Aww, look she painted Clarice".  Clarice is one of my sweetest, gentlest goats.
As I handled the print of the painting 2 other pictures slid into view.  "oh there's more".  "Oh my gosh, Pessa".
Pessa has heavy eyelids and I think Laura captured her sleepy-looking expression perfectly.  Something else she captured is Pessa's big barreled tummy.  In this painting I can tell that Pessa hasn't eaten in a while, though other people could never tell that.  A mother knows.  By the way, Clarice is Pessa's daughter. You'd never know it, looking at the ears.

This painting takes the cake, though.  It's Witty, my buck, in all his Witty-ness.  
I think he makes a perfect model.  He's a handsome subject don't you think?

Laura, you have found your calling, painting goats.  Thank you so much.  I can't wait to see your paintings of my donkeys.

I think I should become Laura's manager.  Would anyone like a portrait of their pet?  Get your checkbooks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment