Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blackberry Wine



A few days ago I bottled 79 bottles of blackberry and wineberry wines.  The next day I made labels, glued them on and then instead of putting them right into my homemade PVC wine rack, I put them on our chest freezer so I could take a picture of them all lined up so I could post the picture on my blog.  It makes me happy to see them standing so proud side by side.  See how I spend my days?  I still have 11 gallons of wine to bottle but they're not ready yet.  I don't have high hopes for the pawpaw wine but I'm hoping the wild grape will be pretty tasty. 

We've been without internet service for 3 days and that just about drove us crazy.  I don't know how we got by before.  James and I are addicted, that's for sure.  We made a trip to our library yesterday so we could check email and catch up on all the very important things we've been missing, like the newest listings on Craigslist, Freecycle, Facebook entries, etc.  I had 18 emails and before I signed off I had 4 more.  I'm a very important person, you know.  Ebay, Amazon, James Fralinger salt water taffee and the likes are always sending me important messages.  After 2 conversations with the people at CenturyLink, a very nice repairman, Jim, came out and got us back online.  It may not last though because we've had lots of trouble with our internet in the last year, but for the time being I'm happy to be able to sit here and type this. I now have CenturyLink Jim's cellphone number programmed into my phone. 

One thing I did enjoy about not having internet to distract me is I took time to sit and read a really good book, Blackberry Wine, by Joanne Harris, the author of Chocolat.  I highly recommend it.  It will make you want to make your own wine, plant a garden or vineyard, or maybe even move to France.  Like in the book, I think I hear one of my wines talking to me.  And no, I haven't been drinking, yet.  Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you guys are having DSL trouble. I'm glad to hear that Jim was able to get things repaired. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. You can send me an email at Joey@CenturyLink.com and my Twitter page is twitter.com/EMBARQ_Joey.

    Thanks,

    Joey H.
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach
    ReachOut@CenturyLink.com

    ReplyDelete