Sunday, June 28, 2015

What I did for love


Sure, you probably know the song from Chorus Line.  I didn't know this song till I met James.  The only musicals I knew were the ones my parents had the albums for - The Sound Of Music and My Fair Lady. Oh how I loved singing along with them.  I also knew Mary Poppins, and other movies I'd seen as a child.  It wasn't till James and I married, I fell in love all over again with musicals.  I love when James and I sing show tunes at the piano.  He's got a beautiful voice and I join him with my untrained one.   I'm getting off topic here.  This is not what this blog is about.

Today I did something I do all the time but hadn't even considered doing before I was married.   This is just one of many things.
You might wonder what this is, yes?  It's ziploc bags hanging on the line to dry.  I made wine this week from fruit that needed to be used.  It had been in the freezer too long and we needed room for this year's fruit.   What was I to do with the bags after I'd emptied them?  Throw them away?  That's what I would have done 27 years ago but somehow I've fallen into the habit of washing out plastic bags and reusing them.  As I did this I was trying to think of other things I do because I've been influenced by time living with the same person.  How much of what I do is "me" and how much is "we"?  It's hard to tell anymore.  Sometimes I think my beliefs are my own but then I wonder how I've changed and what I've done for (or because) of love.

I'd love to know what picture James would post of what he does because of me.  James?

No comments:

Post a Comment