Friday, March 6, 2015

Snow white

Yesterday's snow seemed so much whiter and brighter than the last snow.  I might even call it beautiful if I wasn't so ready for spring.  With the sun shining today sunglasses might be a good idea.  Temperatures will be up in the 50s and 60s over the next 10 days.  I might actually want to sit at the picnic table and watch the river go by.
The James is up this morning with all the rain and snow melt
My white dogs are looking anything but white in contrast to the snow.
Our field is cross fenced with pigs and Windsor on one side and goats, cows, donkeys and dogs on the other.  Rex has decided he needs to patrol both sides and has discovered how to get to the pigs' side.  I don't know how much longer he'll be able to do this. Keri doesn't even try.

When goat kids are due I may block this space so he has to stay on the pig side.  He's a little young to trust with newborn goats when I can't be nearby.  We'll see how it goes.  Keri was a little rough her first year.  Maybe she'll teach him how to behave.

In 3 weeks we should have some of these.  Can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment