Friday, October 23, 2009

Hike to Mt. Pleasant and Mt. Pompey


Look past the picture of me to see the beautiful views we had yesterday on our hike.  Up until yesterday I had been thinking it had been a pretty unremarkable Fall, but then I went on this hike with the Wayfaring Women (my women's hiking group) and the colors of the leaves were spectacular.  There were 11 of us on the hike, a record for us.  Usually there are 5 or 6 hiking. 

My friend, Rebecca, named our group.  It was her idea to form it in the first place.  She's a real planner so she called me and Laura up and we had our first meeting to plan a women's hiking group more than 3 years ago.  She cracks me up.  She even wrote a poem about the Wayfaring Women Of Rockbridge County.  Rebecca likes theme parties, adventures and has her family sing jingles on their answering machine.  She has more energy than just about anyone I know.  Anyway, she's a great person to have on our hikes because she is always enthusiastic.  At first I wasn't sure I liked the whole idea of committing to monthly hikes.   Hmmm, commitment.  I thought I liked the idea of spur-of-the-moment hikes but I know if we didn't plan and write them on our calendar it would never happen.  The women in the group are religious and not religious, Republican and Democrat which makes for some interesting discussions at times but mostly we have lots in common and we all love the outdoors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment