Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hiking Sharp Top Mountain




Today James and I drove to Peaks of Otter and hiked Sharp Top Mountain. I had been there before with my women's hiking group but James hadn't. It was a beautiful day, temps in the 70's. Perfect hiking weather. It was a pretty steep climb but not terrible. We packed a picnic lunch and ate that at the summit.

On the way back down my cell phone told me I had 3 messages but I couldn't check them because we couldn't get service up there. I figured it was Adam. James suggested maybe he was calling about Polly. Well, he never should have said that because that's all I could think of the rest of the way down. I didn't think she could possibly be in labor because everything looked normal when we left this morning and I didn't think Adam would check on her. No matter, I still worried a little. It turned out to be nothing important and we came home to find Polly grazing and looking like her normal plump self.

Today our chickens set a record, laying 4 eggs. One day I'll get 10 eggs and wonder what I'm going to do with all of them. I'm looking forward to that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment