Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hi, my name is Karen Pannabecker and I'm an Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Addict

There, I've admitted it. I have to have a glass of very warm water with 1 Tbl. of undistilled vinegar and 1Tbl. of honey twice a day. I forget exactly how this all came about but I googled the health benefits of apple cider vinegar and read all kinds of fascinating things. Here's a website I found full of all kinds of neat stuff http://www.buzzle.com/articles/health-benefits-apple-cider-vinegar.html

I've been drinking this concoction for 3 or 4 months and have lost 8 or 9 pounds. I don't really think I've changed my diet all that much and I haven't been walking or doing any aerobic exercise. I do get lots of other exercise but that's not anything really new so I can only chalk it up to the ACV and honey. In addition to enjoying my loose waistbands, I'm actually enjoying the drink itself. I think I'm addicted.

I'll let you know if I've experienced any other benefits as time goes on. James is hoping it lowers his cholesterol. Maybe he'll have it tested again soon and see if it has helped.

Cheers

I just came back to edit this post because I remembered something else that I think my new favorite drink (one of my favorite drinks) has helped. I used to get terrible stomach pains often when I ate red meat. Not anymore. I've had red meat several times in the past 4 months and have felt just fine afterwards. The real test will be if I can eat broccoli. Haven't tried that yet.

1 comment:

  1. I lost 6 lbs in the last 10 days but have not tried this horrendous sounding concoction. I'll have to have a glass when I visit...

    ReplyDelete