Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween 2017

Another Halloween done, and it was a good one.  For the past 3 or 4 years we've been invited to a Halloween party to help give out candy to and watch 600 to 700 kids trick or treating in Lexington. It's a good excuse for us mature (better than saying old) people to get together,  wear costumes, eat, drink and be merry.

The thing I like most about being invited to this party is coming up with costumes, though, I'll admit, I find it a bit challenging and make a bigger deal out of it than I probably should.  I don't want to have the lamest costumes.  It's also great fun hanging out with friends and seeing the kids all dressed up and watching them look at us and all the decorations.  Some kids seem scared and some fascinated.

This year James and I were Van Gogh and his self-portrait.
 By the time I took these last two pictures, James (or, my portrait) had worn off his beard.  It could have been from eating all the tasty snacks and wiping his mouth.

I had envisioned this wonderful portrait painted on his face but Walmart face paints were not very good paints and no matter what I did, I couldn't make it look like real paint on his face.  I was tempted to use acrylic paints but was afraid it would stain, or worse.

Here are some other interesting looking characters.




 I wish you could see the line to come up to this house.  This picture doesn't do it justice.
Neither does this video.  The steady stream of kids trick or treating is pretty amazing.  So are our friends' decorations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKbu-P_hR-Q&feature=youtu.be

Happy Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment