Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sunrise - Sunset

Today was one of those days we had the pleasure of a beautiful sunrise and sunset.  Usually it seems we get one or the other, but not both in one day.

This morning I awoke to a clicking noise.  I feared James was taking a picture of me sleeping.  Go ahead and sing along, You're So Vain.  I looked up to find him aiming his phone at the large windows framing a beautiful sky of pink and blue spotted clouds. Of course pictures and words can't do it justice.  We sure love our big east facing bedroom windows.  Silhouetted in the windows are banana trees James brought in for the winter.  They love these windows too.
Driving home from Charlottesville this evening I pulled over to the side of the road so my friend could get a picture of the sunset because we knew by the time we got home (5 minutes later) the sun would have set, and we were right.  It's too bad we didn't stop a little earlier because we'd already missed the prettiest sky.
Those of you from Rockbridge County may recognize this spot on 11 South.  I can't imagine living in a place without mountains.

On a sad note, I'm very worried that my old buck, Cooper, isn't going to be with us much longer.  This morning he seemed so weak.  I let him in to have some grain this morning because he was really shivering and begging to come in.  The boys don't normally get pellet feed but sometimes I spoil Cooper because he's skin and bones and the sweetest old man.  When I tried to move him a bit so Raisa could come in he fell down.  I let him lie there against the warm hay bales and eat while I milked.  It's supposed to be very cold this weekend and I don't know how he'll survive that.  He shivers when it's in the 50s.

I can't even tell you how much I love this next photo of Raisa and Cooper sharing spilled food.
When we lose Cooper it will be the first goat we've lost to old age.  I knew we'd experience this one day but we'll see how prepared I am when the day comes.

Sunrise sunset, sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears....

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing and important moment you captured with Raisa and Cooper.

    The sunrise and sunsets are't bad either.

    ReplyDelete