Friday, March 22, 2013

Coop des poulets

I'm having so much fun building this chicken coop on wheels.  It's not done yet but it's getting there.  Today I got the roof on so it feels close. 

James and I picked up the pop up camper chassie a month or more ago and it's taken me awhile to get going on it.  You know I love a good building project but the weather was making it hard to get motivated and I wasn't sure where to begin.  Once I started though, it went pretty quickly.  Like most things I build, I made it up as I went along, without any plans.  A true builder would be horrified.  I was going to put a shed roof on it like I've done with all my other animal structures but James encouraged me to challenge myself so I decided to build my own trusses.  Thanks to Youtube it was pretty easy.  I'm not very good with math and angles but somehow I got it right.

I'm screening in the windows now and have yet to figure out what to do about a door.  I'm running out of lumber.  I haven't planned the perches or nesting boxes but that kind of decorating should be fun.  It will be painted barn red like the other buildings.  I'm sure I'll post a picture of it when it's done.

Now I'll entertain you with my adorable tap dancing kids.


1 comment:

  1. Wow and wow. Trusses! I'm terrified to do something so complex. Thanks for the hint to use youtube!

    ReplyDelete