Sunday, August 30, 2015

Seeing a childhood classmate after 41 years

Last night we went to a concert at a local venue.  I expected to see many friends there because after living in Rockbridge County for 13 years there aren't too many places you can go without running into people you know.  What I didn't expect was to run into a woman I hadn't seen since 1974.  

At intermission James and I were visiting with friends and someone tapped me on the shoulder.  I recognized Anne because we'd recently gotten in touch through Facebook.  I knew she lived in a nearby county and had been to concerts at the Lime Kiln this summer.  Still, it was so unexpected to actually see her there.  She saw "a woman" during the concert and wondered if it was me so she looked on Facebook on her phone to see my picture again and then looked for a picture of James.  And there you have it - a connection again after 41 years thanks to Facebook.  

Here's a picture of us in 3rd grade (1972/73).  I'm in the top left and she's in the bottom right.


I wish I would have asked James to take a picture of me and Anne last night.  I guess we'll just have to get together again so he can get one.

Isn't the internet wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment