Friday, April 16, 2010

Working hard or hardly working

I have no pictures to prove it but I worked today.  Yes, real work.  None of this playing around stuff.  I had recently told my friend, neighbor and electrician, Fred, I could help him if he ever needed two more hands.  He finally took me up on it.  He told me he'd pick me up at 3 AM.  I set my alarm for 2:30, went to bed early and then never slept because I was afraid I wouldn't hear the alarm go off.  I got up a little after 2:00.  We drove 45 minutes to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries in Lynchburg.  We had to get the work done before the restaurant opened so there was a little pressure to work fast.  We were to remove 18 trough light fixtures that were in a suspended ceiling and replace them with new ones.  Wouldn't you know it, on the first light I cut my finger and had to ask for a band-aid.  I didn't want to ask because I didn't want to look like a wimp so early on but I had already dripped my blood down the bathroom stall I was working over.  We finished the job by 9:30, an hour and a half earlier than we thought.  It was enjoyable work but I don't think I'd like to do that every day - work, I mean.

I'm very tired and I need a nap.  I need to space my work days out to one every month or so.  I don't want to wear myself out.  A woman needs her beauty rest you know.  Some of us more than others.

1 comment:

  1. As if you don't work on other days, right. Tell us another one.

    ReplyDelete