Friday, April 2, 2010

It's beginning to look (and feel) a lot like summer

Yesterday the thermometer reached 86 degrees.  I exposed my very white stomach and legs to the sun while doing yard work and got just a little sun burned, but that's ok.  After a winter like this last one I have vowed not to complain if we have a steaming summer.  I don't care if we have weeks around 100 degrees, I'm not going to complain.

Another indication that summer is approaching is I've had 6 or 7 ticks in the past 2 days.  It makes me itch just thinking about it.

I had hoped to cut our very long grass yesterday but kept getting sidetracked.   I'm actually looking forward to it.   The enthusiasm won't last long.

The ducks are enjoying their freedom and venture further and further into the garden.  I love to watch them waddle and hear their quacking.  I wonder why they talk so much as they wander around.  Here they are in the garden with James.


http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/kpannabecker/?action=view&current=MVI_2825.flv
http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/kpannabecker/?action=view&current=MVI_2826.flv

No comments:

Post a Comment