Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter old and new

As a child my mother made me Easter dresses.  I got to pick out the pattern, fabric and everything.  One favorite dress sticks out in my mind and I'll have to see if my Mom still has a picture of me in it.  My sister Debbie usually had the same dress only in a different color.  My older sister Elaine was much more mature than us and her dress was a different style, if I remember correctly.  Sometimes we wore little white gloves too.  We always had our picture taken in front of the round flower bed.  I guess it probably rained for some of my childhood Easters but I don't remember that.  I remember warm days, lots of sunshine with the smell of hyacinths and Easter lilies in the air.  Today's weather is much like the Easters I remember but I don't smell any hyacinths or lilies.  Also I'm not wearing a dress and looking as cute.  James took my picture, though not in front of the pretty flower bed.  Take note that my white gloves have gotten a little dirty over the years.  Also, my mom wasn't here to tell me to comb my hair, make me a dress or even make me take a shower for that matter.  My Easter basket is missing from this picture too.  Easter Bunny, you've become a slacker.

We used to color eggs in hot water and vinegar and I loved the smell.  I still think of Easter when I smell white vinegar.  We now have lots of eggs but they're brown and don't color well.  Remember my experiment trying to dye eggs and trying to fill them with chocolate?  Right, it didn't turn out so well so this year I had to color my eggs on Photobucket instead.  It just didn't smell the same.
Photobucket

We don't have much chocolate in our house and no marshmallow peeps or jellybeans either but as you can see Easter Bunny did come to our house.
Photobucket

I had so much fun coloring eggs I got a little carried away.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Doesn't it look like the babies are standing on Easter grass?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Rosie and Lex are standing in front of our flower bed.  Lex is always wearing white gloves but you can't see them in this picture.




Have a happy Easter everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Zero comments so far? This was the best post EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know I have a fan in you Mollie. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete