Friday, May 8, 2009

A wet Friday morning

9:02 AM, chickens, goats, dogs and parrot are fed. I love this time in the morning except for the wet feet I get when I go out to feed the animals. Everyone is happy to see me. Maybe that's why I love animals so much. They make me feel loved. Okay, maybe the chickens don't really love me. As I walked through the dewey green I decide which parts of the lawn I'll cut today. I'll probably avoid the back since the laundry will be hung there soon and I hate cutting underneath while wet fabric slaps and sticks to me. James suggested maybe I should wear a mask while cutting. He's probably tired of looking at the constant stream of snot running down my soup strainer. Soup strainer, that came from a song we used to sing as kids when we went camping. I can't remember the song though.

I have a book, The Help, by Kathryn Stockett, to finish in 12 days before it's due back to the library so I think I'll read a little while I wait for the sun to come out and dry things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment