Thursday, May 14, 2009

Girl Talk

Today was hiking day with my women's hiking group. We hiked about 6 miles, most of it along a fantastic stream with many small musical falls. As great as the sound from the running water was, we probably didn't hear it most of the time because of all the yapping going on. There were 8 of us today, the largest group ever on one of our hikes. I love this group. Our ages range from 43 to 57, conservative, liberal, religious, not so religious and everything in between. The conversation runs the gammut. There's no telling what the subject will jump from from one minute to the next. With a larger group like today's though, you miss out on so much because you can't listen to everyone at once. I wonder what a group of 8 men would sound like doing the same.

During our lunch, sitting on rocks along the stream, we planned many of the next year's hikes. We've been doing this for 3 years now and I hope we continue for many years to come. I sure am thankful for my girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment