Sunday, May 17, 2009

And on the 7th day she rested

It was such a dreary morning I thought I'd get nothing done, at least nothing fun. Of course I wasted lots of time on the computer reading goat forums, craigslist, updating my blog, reading and sending emails. I made a trip to the cabin to get a hole punch so I can work on my notebook to keep records on all the goats, which I did when I got home. I went upstairs in the cabin to use the bathroom and for some reason looked in the shower. As I looked up I saw what looked like a tube, like a water line, hanging from one wall to the other. I thought that was strange so looked closer. It was a 3 to 4 feet long snake skin. We rarely see snakes that long in the cabin, usually just small ones. Must have been a black snake. I'm sure he's long gone by now.

The sun came out in the afternoon so I went out to play with the goats. I had these large, thick cardboard hollow cylinders that our roofing copper came on. I put them in the goats pen for them to play in and on. They were so funny inspecting them. I wish I could have videoed them trying to help me put things where I wanted. They made the job challenging. After they settled down I was petting Witty. He was being so sweet just staring at me when I felt my leg get warm and realized he was peeing on me, his way of showing affection if you want to call it that. I just realized I still have those jeans and shoes on. Oh well, I can't smell it. Maybe I should call this blog filthy jeans instead of holes in my jeans.

I love but there's never enough stuff listed on our local freecycle so I signed up for the Roanoke one hoping they get more listings. They have to approve me first. I wonder what would make them turn a person down. I've gotten a few things already from freecycle, canning jars, gigantic free-standing peg boards for my tools, large plastic water jugs, horse manure and a small (cheaply made) medicine cabinet. The only thing I've given away on there so far was fresh basil from our garden.

I cleaned up most of the branches I had trimmed yesterday and then cut some more paths through the tall grass in the lawn field for us to walk through on our evening strolls with the goats.

Not an exciting day but a good one. My day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment