Saturday, May 8, 2010

One year anniversary

Today is Holes In My Jeans one year anniversary.  That's so hard for me to believe.  It seems like I just started.   I've posted 219 entries and have had 200 comments.   On average I get about 25 to 40 visits to my blog a day.  Let's see if I can do this for another year.  I'm not usually very good at sticking with things so I'll just shoot for one year at a time.  A friend and I were talking the other day about c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-commitment, (there, I said it), how the older we get the harder we find it to commit to something.  I don't really like joining committees or clubs or something that meets on a regular basis.  I don't think I could work full-time for anyone again either.  I hope I never have to.  What does this say about me, I wonder.  Many people have asked if I feel tied down to my animals, knowing I can't leave town whenever I want.  I haven't felt that way yet.  I've had goats and chickens now a little over a year and I'm still enjoying it.  I hope to be saying that for at least another 10 years.    I've been married for almost 22 years but that's an easy commitment.  I hope I'll be saying that for at least another 40 years. 

I'll do my best to make this next year of blogging much more interesting than this entry.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I hope you continue for at least another year -- reading your blog is an important part of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan. I love reading your blog too.

    ReplyDelete