Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Leaky Roof

We humans are funny.  We make statements that make no sense.  Like when something happens, say.... our  roof springs a leak.  We say, "oh great, this is just what I need today".  Like any day would be a better day?  Or, "isn't this just my luck", when it has nothing to do with our luck at all.  It could happen to anyone, lucky or not.

Guess what happened today.  Yup, you got it.  I walked into our kitchen and saw a drip fall to the floor.  I looked up to see the plaster and paint on the ceiling kind of bubbled up.  "Just perfect", I thought.  James got a ladder and climbed up into the attic.  He put a large pan up there to catch the water.  I called the roofer who installed our copper roof 4 or 5 years ago (which is supposed to last 100 years or more) and told him of the leak.  He'll be out Saturday to look at it.

Neither James nor I got all that upset by it.  Afterall, it was a rainy day and we didn't have much else to do.  Also, it gave me something to write about on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment