Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Birdbath turned barn art


I've made two attempts at making a birdbath out of leftover roofing copper.  Both attempts are now hung up somewhere and called "art".  My mother-in-law asked me to make her a birdbath for Christmas.  I thought copper would be really pretty and lightweight so she could take it back to Ohio with her when she left this week.  After beating the copper with a rubber mallet, and trying to be oh-so-very-careful, they both still got tiny holes in them.  I could make one out of concrete and tile but I don't want to pay for shipping concrete and I don't think she could easily move it either.  I'm trying to come up with another idea.  Anyone?


                                               


                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment