I've been slow to get started building our turkey barn. Maybe I was just procrastinating so James would help me. I started digging holes earlier this week but I just couldn't get them square with the existing barn. I've said before I'm not a perfectionist but I remember what it was like building the goat barn and the problems I encountered because it wasn't perfectly square. This one won't be perfect either but hopefully we won't run into too many problems. I knew that to make something square you need to measure side to side, front to back and corner to corner but no matter how many times I thought I had it right the final measurement was off too much for even my low standards. James did the math for me using the pythagorean theorem so I could make my strings the right length in the shape of an X to find the corners. I'm not sure I even knew the word pythagorean let-alone what it was. So once I had my numbers I made my string into an X the length I was told. I dug the holes and it worked. We set the 4 posts in concrete and locked the goats up so they can't rub against them. The barn will be attached to the back of the goat barn with the slope following the existing roofline. The 20 turkeys will have a roomy 16' by 17' barn. I still haven't worked out in my mind (I'm not one to draw plans) how the inside will look. I need to do a little research on how turkeys like to nest, roost and figure out how to keep the goats from getting the turkey food.