Monday, February 20, 2012

Pigs' day out

Yesterday we got our first, and hopefully last, snow - probably about 5 inches.  Even I have to admit, being the snow-scrooge that I am, that it was a beautiful snow.  The day before was in the 60's and today was in the 50's so a snow day in the middle is just fine.  Most of the snow is already gone. 

When I got out of bed I looked out the window to see how much snow we got.  Running in the field were two happy pigs.  Their one ribbon of electric fence got weighed down by the snow and they were able to walk over it and into the larger 10+ fenced in acres.  From the looks of it they had a good 'ol time frolicking about.  There were hoof tracks everywhere.

They found plenty of digging to do too.

Roxie and Velma are pretty tame now and come when I call.  Of course this probably has lots to do with food but I prefer to think they want to be near me and when they hear my voice it has such a melodious sound they can do nothing but run toward it.  See for yourselves.
I'm sure you agree that was melodious.
The donkeys weren't in their proper place either and I wonder if it had something to do with the pigs being loose. They were on opposite sides of the fence but the donkeys aren't used to them being so close.  Their fence had also been tilted over but not to the ground so I don't know if they jumped it or got scared and ran through it.

It should be back near 70 degrees in a few days, just the way I like it, but I don't mind this brief little detour to spring.






4 comments:

  1. Roxie is too cute to come running up like that...I would have to keep her as a pet.too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie is too cute to come running up like that...I would have to keep her as a pet.too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could have seen the look on Layla's face when she heard the pig. :)
    Em~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Velma and Roxie enjoyed their snow day.

    ReplyDelete