Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fix you

I've had so many conversations with friends this week that make me think of this song.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9b6jgbNyc   James went  to Ohio Wednesday to spend time with his mom as she recovers from a fall.  As I've said in the past, I don't do well as a single person.  I miss having James nearby.  It would be easy for me to hole up in my cocoon and not be very productive.  Luckily, I have some awesome friends and almost as awesome animals to keep me company.  That may sound really pitiful but I just had a conversation with a friend that makes me think I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I've been lucky this week to spend time with some dear friends nearby and then at night, when it seems most quiet, I've spent time with my animals.  I'm not sure who's fixing who but it doesn't really matter, does it?  I'm really lucky that when I feel stuck in reverse I have family, friends and animals to "guide me home, ignite my bones and some ones to fix me".  I'm a lucky gal.

2 comments: