Saturday, January 12, 2013

Don't feel loved?

If you don't feel loved then you need pets.  Sometimes we're loved a little too much by our animals. 

Today James and I were working on the boat project.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/kpannabecker/025.jpg

As we did, 3 big donkey heads hung over the gate huffing and complaining because they wanted to come out to be with us.  This would have been a very bad idea (though I considered it) because they'd rub against the posts we just concreted in the ground.

Just as we finished up Keri appeared.  She had squeezed through the fence and water trough (a tight squeeze for a big dog) to be in the fenced in area with the donkeys.  She couldn't get to us either but she sure wanted to. 

I walked back through the field to put a wiggly Keri back with the goats where she belonged when my phone rang.  It was a neighbor asking me if we had an old brown boxer.  Lex was in the road but couldn't get through the gate to be in the field with us. We were gone from the house too long, I guess.

I think if the chickens were smart enough they'd have crossed the road too.  Every time I walk out my back door I'm surrounded by chickens waiting for me to feed them.  I'm not sure they really love me but they appreciate me, I think. 

The more animals - the more love.  That's how I see it. 

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to see a picture of the big donkey heads over the fence, but I guess I'll have to be content with the mental image.

    My chickens come a'runnin' when I open the back door. I guess it's as close to love as a chicken gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did the chicken cross the road?

    Because it loved Karen.

    ReplyDelete