Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Julie and Julia

I haven't been to a movie in years.  We usually watch movies from home on Hulu.com long after the movie has been in the theater.  Last night 2 of my girlfriends and I went to see Julie and Julia.  I'm so glad I did.  If you haven't seen this movie you should.  As I typed that I'm wondering if everyone would love it as much as we did.  I love to cook and I like to blog but I don't think it matters if you know anything about Julia Child, blogging, cooking or not.  It's still very funny and touching and the food and drink will make your mouth water.  They depict Julia as a hilarious, high-spirited, amazon of a woman whom everyone seemed to love.  Meryl Streep is magnificent.  The young woman, Julie, is also great.  She has a depressing job and her husband talks her into keeping a blog.  She decides to cook all the recipes in one of Julia's cookbooks in one year and blog about it every day.  She falls in love with her idea of Julia Child and becomes obsessed with everything Julia.  You'll fall in love with her too.  The movie jumps back and forth between the 2 and had my attention till the very end.  I won't tell you anymore about it just in case you go see it.  Tonight I'm going back again with James.  We have a cheap movie theater nearby, $4.00 last night and $5 or $6 tonight.

Today I'm making sourdough bread but I feel like I should make something heavenly and French for dinner.

Bon Appetit              P.S. After seeing this movie I feel like I should be much more creative with my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment