Tuesday, October 22, 2019

How did I forget about this?

I used to spend hours out in the field with the goats, cows, dogs and pigs. I don't know how I let that go by the wayside.  Tonight I went out at sunset to spend some time with them and I was reminded how beautiful our farm is and the contented feeling I get when Raisa wraps her head over my shoulders as I scratch her chest, or the dogs press up against me as I crouch on the ground. Nighttime is really the best time to be with them. They aren't begging for food - just attention.  They truly love being together and with me. There are many acres they could be running on, but they choose to be gathered together in this small space.
Rory loves the pigs and they don't seem to mind her licking them.
It's easy to hole myself up in my studio and paint all day and forget how beautiful our place is. I need to go out more often and appreciate what I have and not take it for granted.
As I was walking back to the house a fog was settling over the pasture. I couldn't get a good photo to really capture the feeling. This is the best my iPhone could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment