Friday, September 27, 2013

Getting away

James and I hadn't gone on any vacations this year until a few weeks ago.    I'm super excited because we now have 2 farm sitters and we can get away more often, so that's what we're doing.  I'm typing this from the Outer Banks, NC. 

Two weeks ago we were in Vermont for a friend's wedding.  I don't think I ever slept so well.  We stayed at a wonderful B&B, Nyes Green Valley Farm in Jeffersonville.  I'm not sure if I slept well because the bed was so comfortable or if it was being away from the farm and having nothing that had to be done.  It was a wonderful trip from beginning to end.  I can't believe I have no pictures of the vacation.

Four days ago we arrived here in Duck, NC.  We're here for a week with some friends.  Adam and Melissa live about 15-20 minutes from where we're staying so it's been great being able to spend time with them and their friends. 


Our house is right on the Sound so we're seeing some beautiful sunsets and doing a little crabbing.
 

Yesterday we fished in the ocean.  I only caught 2 small fish but it was fun and very relaxing.



Today I took my pole but never casted it.  Instead I relaxed on my towel with my little buddy to keep me company.

 
When we return from this trip we'll only be home another 4 days and then we head to Arizona for our niece's wedding.  We may need a vacation from our vacationing.

I got an email telling me I hadn't blogged in 10 days so I thought I should at least post a few pictures so you know I'm still alive. 



 

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics,looks beautiful there...you will need a Vay-Kay from all the trips.....Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel better now.
    Virg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing these posts. I love that you "hang" with Adam's friends! What a great thing that you can spend time with Adam and his friends! Looks like a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete