Monday, October 1, 2012

And called him Macaroni

My friend, Mike, emailed me 5 days ago and said he was selling his mammoth donkey, Mack (short for Macaroni), and would I like to give him a home.  Well, Mack is the reason I wanted a mammoth donkey to begin with.  Mack is awesomely gigantic yet gentle as a lamb (are lambs gentle?).  He's Mike's saddle donkey.  I was enchanted by him the first time I met him.  This is one of Mike's pictures I love of Mack with a toddler on him.

 Mike lifted me onto Mack's back within 5 minutes after his arrival.  Wow, it's a long way down.  I'll be using a saddle for sure.  I'm a bit nervous up there. I'm going to have to find ways to get up on him myself.  A stirrup won't do it. 

Introductions went pretty well.  There was a little half-hearted kicking (the donkeys, not me) but for the most part all the donkeys seem fine together unless we're giving attention to Mack.  They all want to be the favorite donkey.  Willo is especially possessive of me, even with her mom and brother.  I've been riding her more lately so she thinks I'm hers.  Here's the initial meeting of the asses.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow but if it doesn't I'm going to take him for a short ride.  I hope:)

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! He looks like a sweetie. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! He looks like a sweetie. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks well, that's about as high as MAC has ever liked up....he just hops and shakes his head....funny boy.....Thanks for giving him a good home....Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing he is sweet cause he sure looks big. Make sure you blog a photo or video of your first ride. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete