Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our new guardian

She's so soft, cute and cuddly and I wish she could sleep with me but she can't because she has to sleep outside (very sad).   Doesn't she look tough?  Her name is Keri (pronounced Keery).
She's not very brave yet but she's only 11 weeks old so I'll give her a little longer to show me she doesn't think the chickens are all that scary.   I just put her in her crate on the front porch and I'm sitting on a chair right next to her with my computer in my lap.  So far she's not screaming and she's lying down.  I wish she'd go to sleep before I go inside so I don't have to hear her cry.  Poor little girl.  Once we know we can trust her (however long that is)  we will let her roam the yard at night or sleep on the porch without the crate so she can keep predators away. 

I'm sure Rosie and Lex are wondering how long she's going to be visiting. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww!!! I love her!! She is so cute and fluffy. Looks like the other two don't really know what to think of her quite yet. She is huge! Looks like she is going to be a big girl. We will definitely have to come see her. The week after we get back from Vacation, the boys will be gone from Monday to Friday, so maybe that next week, the first week in August.
    Em~

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary pannabecker steinerJuly 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM

    Wow! What a beauty,and so sweet. Lex and Rosie didn't seem to be too bothered by her. Is she a special breed for guarding? Better than L and R?

    ReplyDelete