Friday, January 28, 2011

Why wouldn't I be happy?

This may sound like a self-serving blog, and maybe it is, but I have lots of people to thank for my happiness and I can hardly resist blogging about them. 

Let's see, where do I begin?  When we went to PA this Christmas to visit my family we went to my parent's church, (the church I grew up in) for the Christmas Eve. service.  One of my cousins there said to me and James, "you guys are always smiling. I want a page out of your book".  I'd never heard that expression but I liked it.  I like that people think we smile a lot.  And why not?  We're pretty blessed people with every reason to smile.  Below are  my 2 biggest reasons for smiling.  Thanks to Jerry Tovo for taking this picture of James.  This is my desktop wallpaper.  It makes me smile every day.
Our son, Adam, wrote us a letter for Christmas - a letter any parent would love to get from their child.  It made me cry (a happy cry).   It also made me feel bad that I never wrote a letter like that to my parents.  Sorry Mom and Dad.  It's not that I don't love you (I do), it's that I guess I was never that thoughtful.  I'll do better. 

Today three of my friends mentioned me in their blogs.  Wow!  I feel famous....and loved.  Thanks you guys.  I'm super lucky to have the friends I do. Tomorrow night I'm getting together with some more great friends for another of our Julie and Julia (Child) dinners.  I'm making Chevon Bourguignon, my interpretation of Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon, only using goat meat.  I know we'll laugh a lot, and not just because my entree has lots of wine in it. 

Here are several more reasons I smile a lot.
Life is good, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you two do seem to live a charmed life. I think you deserve it!
    That's a wonderful photo of James.
    I should have told you; the baby goat you saw in Danny's arms the other day is Polly's new half sister. So there's another blessing for your farm- a growing extended family ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you forgot to mention your two wonderful sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm saving my wonderful sisters for another post. You do make me smile too though.

    ReplyDelete