Friday, November 23, 2018

The Alien Christmas Lady

This year's dress form Christmas tree took a different direction than the last few years.  Usually I use greens to dress her up, but this year I decided to just make her a dress with a Christmas/winter theme, using table cloths, scrap fabric, batting, ribbon and lights.  I'll probably go back to greens next year but it will be nice not having to clean up pine needles when I take her all apart.  She's rather messy looking, but when the room is dark and the colored lights are lit she looks more like a Christmas tree than previous years with the big white bulbs.  Here are the past 2 years.

 This was her autumn costume the first year I got her.
I need to dress her up more often because it's fun.  I don't know if James likes having her in the piano room or not.  When I get up in the morning I say, "good morning Christmas lady".  It takes some getting used to, having her be right there when we walk out of our bedroom in the morning.  I think her hood makes her look like an alien.  I didn't do that on purpose.  I can't decide if she's done or not. I guess I have another month to make changes if I get inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment