Monday, October 2, 2017

Different strokes for different folks

I've been on a portrait painting kick lately.  I've mentioned before how I've been trying to figure out what my painting style is but it never seems to get any clearer, because one day I can paint a face a particular way and it feels really good.  Then another day I'll paint another face in a different way and it feels equally as right.  Here are 3 portraits I've painted just a few weeks apart.  Maybe it just happens to be the mood I'm in that day that affects my style.  Or maybe the face says, "paint me this way".
 Casual pose, palette knife.
 More serious, serene, smaller brushes and more realistic.
 Loose and happy.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't get over how good you are! Are you painting with oils or acrylic these days?

    ReplyDelete