Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mac is a good sport

Our property is surrounded on three sides by water - The James River and Elk Creek.  It doesn't keep dogs home but none of the other animals seem to want to cross the water.  That is, until today.  I put a halter and lead on Mac and walked him down to the creek.  I crossed - he crossed.  He hardly blinked an eye.  We walked over rocks, stepped over logs and still he kept going.  Every now and then I had to coax him but eventually he'd do it.  We walked down to the river.  He seemed very interested in it.  He was even more interested in some of the really green grass growing along the river.   I can't wait till summer to see if I can get him to walk waist deep in it with me on his back.  I was so proud of him. 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a good, sweet boy! He looks just enormous next to you in that second picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will....swim right across with you onboard......Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my chief all together to post on this forum,merely wannat reap some friends here.if its not allowed to record on this panel,gladden erase this thread.Nice to meet you!

    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    [url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]

    ReplyDelete